Wednesday, January 23, 2008

7:00 am in apt #104

At 7:00 this morning, there was an alarm clock war. My alarm went off (and I hit the snooze button) and at the same time Robert's alarm clock went off as well. He let it ring, and ring, and ring, and ring. Finally the alarm clock turned off just because it was programed to turn off if no one did anything after a minute of ringing. My alarm clock went off another two times (I like the snooze button, leave me alone) and Robert still had yet to wake up. I got ready, all with the bedroom door open (because I know that if I didn't do that, that my room would be freezing cold, we have bad circulation in the apartment).

At around 7:40, when I was about to leave the apartment and putting on my shoes and Robert started to stir. After a few mumbles and grumbles, he finally was able to check the clock. As he did that, he sort of flipped out. We'll try to replay the conversation.

"Did my alarm clcok go off?"
"Yeah."
"Why didn't you wake me up?"
"Because you were asleep."
"Well, if my alarrm clock ever goes off and I don't wake up, you can wake me up."

Yes Robert, I COULD wake you up, but I'm not your mother. You go to sleep at 12:00 at the very latest, but you're normally asleep by 11:00, if you can't wake yourself up, then it's your own fault. You're 21 years old, you can wake up yourself. You went on a mission for two years and had to wake up at 6:30 every day. That means that you have two years of experience of getting up BEFORE 7:00 so I think you can get up when you need to.

I'll admit, had my roomate been Brandon or someone else that I have slightly more respect for, then I would try to understand and even help them out a bit. Had it been anyone else I would understand sleeping through their alarm clock and would help out. However, because it's Robert I don't really have too much pitty on him.

No comments: