Wednesday, April 9, 2008

OMGWTFROFLOLBBQXXL!

My brain doesn’t even want to even understand this right now. So, I talk to my teacher and I ask her what she thought about my writing. She said that she liked it, that it seems to be aimed towards Young Adults (she said that my writing is meant for people from the age of about 14-25, and if you think about it, it is because I wrote for my own pleasure and that age group is the age group that I‘ve been while writing) and that there were a few publishers that she had a few people in mind that I should send my stuff to. She said that she would teach me how to prep my stuff for publication so that I could get published. I nearly fell over.

Let’s review. She likes my writing. She thinks that it is good enough to get published, and she has people in mind that are in the publishing industry that she thinks would publish my writing.

*faints*

You’ll be able to find my body passed out in the hallways of the Joseph Fielding Smith Building in case you were looking for it. Just thought you’d like to know in case you’re unable to reach me on my cell phone.

As cynical as I can be, as negative as I can possibly be, worst case scenario is I do this, send everything off, and then a publisher (yes those people that make books) says no. Best case scenario, look for me in a Barns and Nobles some time in the next year.

*goes back to fainting*

No comments: