Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Dance

Okay, I didn't get a good grade on a test (mainly because we haven't had any tests yet) however. . . http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/special/happydance.htm


The reason for this happy dance is sort of simple I went to reading time, which was a lot better than last week. YEA FOR NOVELISTS!
But sitting on the end of my row of seats was Prof. Williams, my 320 teacher, the one who is in current possession of a coppy of Alpha to Omega. We get done with the class, we're doing some small talk, and then while headed away she starts talking about my writing. She says that she hasn't read much (she's had a few book deadlines of her own, as well as being a teacher, doesn't leave much time for the free time reading) but with what little she's read, she said that she really likes it. She's a self proclaimed hater of Fantasy, but she says that it's not too fantiscal, and it's all with a grain of salt so it doesn't really matter if it is fantasy becasue it puts normal people into the world of fantasy. She says that she's underlined a lot of things that I've written and just written next to them, 'keep this, this is great, this is funny,' among other things. She then said that everything that she had read was really quite good and the only thing that I'd have to really work on is the structure and look of the book, but other than that she likes the idea, she likes the characters and she likes my voice in writing.
Woo!

No comments: